Garlic in My Socks
I've been fighting a terrible
cold + fever the majority of the week, but I'm feeling pretty ok now. While I was more or less incapacitated, I took some over the counter meds to combat the shittiness, but also dabbled with a few all-natural remedies.
Turns out that I didn't have many of the ingredients needed for the homeopathic recipes I found online (apple cider vinegar, grapefruit seed oil...), and I wasn't about to venture out of the house. But, I did have garlic. Sweet, glorious
. You guys, it's amazing for chest congestion via, wait for it ---- your
I know it sounds insane, but it's honestly miraculous. I did it twice, thinking the first time might have been a fluke. It wasn't. It works.
Here's what you need to try it out for yourself:
garlic | olive oil | plastic wrap | socks
Here's what you do:
1. Crush a clove of garlic under a knife, then let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. Put it in a little bowl & add enough olive oil to cover it up.
3. Wait a half hour or more, then slather the oil on the bottom of your feet.
4. Wrap your feet up in plastic wrap & throw on your socks.
5. Sleep, or don't, but try to leave the oil on your feet for at least 5 hours. The longer the better.
Within a few hours
you will stink of garlic, but the tightness/congestion in your chest should be gone. I kid you not. It's wild, and I highly recommend that you try it out.
Do you have any favorite all natural remedies for what ails?